Champions League knockout games will be played in a 12-day condensed tournament in Lisbon in August; Man City, Chelsea still in competition with round of 16 ties to complete; both quarter-final and semi-final draws for the Champions League take place on Friday, July 10
When is the draw?
The draw for the quarter-finals and semi-finals of the Champions League takes place on Friday July 10 at the UEFA headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland with proceedings set to start at 11am, UK time.
Who has already qualify?
- RB Leipzig
- Atletico Madrid
Who can join them?
There are four round of 16 ties still to be concluded…
Remaining Champions League last-16 ties:
- Juventus (0) vs (1) Lyon – August 7/8
- Man City (2) vs (1) Real Madrid – August 7/8
- Barcelona (1) vs (1) Napoli – August 7/8
- Bayern Munich (3) vs (0) Chelsea – August 7/8
How does the draw work?
Seedings and country protection are removed at the quarter-final stage of the Champions League, meaning any side can draw any side from here on.
Each club will also have their pathways to May’s final in Lisbon mapped out, with the draw for the Champions League semi-finals, and the home and away draw for the final, also being carried out after the quarter-final draw.
Where will the games be played?
This season’s quarter-finals, semi-finals and final will be played as a straight knockout tournament in Lisbon, Portugal in August.
All these ties will be single-leg fixtures.
The games will be split between Benfica’s Estadio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica, which will host the final, and Sporting CP’s Estadio Jose Alvalade.
Champions League knockout stage – key dates
- Champions League last-16 second legs: August 7-8
- Champions League quarter-finals: August 12-15 (Lisbon)
- Champions League semi-finals: August 18-19 (Lisbon)
- Champions League final: August 23 (Estadio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica, Lisbon)